in delivering innovative transport solutions
In March 1977 the founders of Unifeeder, Peter Bohnsen, and Tonny D. Paulsen, turned their strong faith in the feeder concept into reality by chartering a vessel capable of carrying the equivalent of 100 20’ containers. With their well-rounded background in shipping and international transportation, the two Danes laid the foundation for what would become a wide business platform.
Since its foundation in Aarhus in 1977, Unifeeder has grown from the biggest and best-connected Feeder network in Europe to being an international logistics company, providing efficient and sustainable logistics services to the Middle East, Africa & Asia.
First offices established in Aarhus and Copenhagen
- Unifeeder expands with calls at Oslo and other ports in the Oslo Fjord
- Unifeeder establishes a feeder service to and from Finland
- New department for European Shortsea traffic
- Turnover passes the 200,000 TEU mark
- Establishment of Unifeeder Norway AS
- Establishment of Unifeeder Sweden AB
- Establishment of Unifeeder Finland Oy
- Turnover passes the 500,000 TEU mark
- St Petersburg and Tallinn added to the network
- Opening of Unifeeder Germany GmbH
- Turnover passes the 1M TEU mark
- Opening of Unifeeder Sweden AB in Helsingborg
- Montagu Private Equity acquires Unifeeder
- Zeebruge is added to the trade area
- Unifeeder acquires IMCL
- Unifeeder establishes own UK office
- Feeder services in the Mediterranean
- Unifeeder acquires Feederlink
- Nordic Capital acquires Unifeeder
- Unifeeder acquires United Feeder services
- Danica Pension acquires a minority shareholding
- Unifeeder acquires Tschudi Line
- Area Scandinavia is established in Copenhagen
- Area Central Europe established in Hamburg
- Area Eastern Europe established in Gdynia
- DP World acquires Unifeeder
- Unifeeder acquires Feedertech & Perma Shipping Line
- Unifeeder acquires Transworld Feeders, Avana Logistek & Avana Global
- Unifeeder Shortsea and P&O Ferrymasters unite in an agreement based Joint Venture
Unifeeder has set demanding goals to reach by 2025
Vision for Feeder services
To be a preferred partner and largest multi-regional feeder operator
Our objectives are to build on our leading market position and expand the market share in our existing territories, enlarge the contents of our products and grow into new geographies.
We will achieve this by focusing on our core competencies of providing our customers with unrivaled service, frequency, reliability, and innovative solutions.
Vision for container services
To be a leading local and multi-regional intermodal service provider
To grow our door-to-door business through continued land-to-sea conversion of multi-regional transportation and extend our service delivery with increased multimodality.
We will achieve this by increasing the market awareness of the competitiveness of an environmentally friendly and safe shortsea transport vis-à-vis road haulage and rail.
Unifeeder Group was established in 2013 when Unifeeder acquired Unimed. Since then, Unifeeder Group has grown significantly through organic growth, as well as strategic acquisitions, and today, the group includes Unifeeder, a provider of the largest feeder and shortsea network in Europe, Unimed, first-class feeder operator in the Mediterranean and Black Sea, Feedertech, Perma, feeder and shortsea operators in Asia, the Middle-East, Africa and the Indian subcontinent, and Transworld Feeders, Avana Logistek and Avana Global, feeder and shortsea operators in the Middle East, Indian Subcontinent, and the Far East.
Unifeeder Group is owned by DP World.
Sign up to receive news and updates