40 years of experience in delivering excellent transport solutions
In March 1977 the founders of Unifeeder, Peter Bohnsen, and Tonny D. Paulsen, turned their strong faith in the feeder concept into reality by chartering a vessel capable of carrying the equivalent of 100 20’ containers. With their well-rounded background in shipping and international transportation, the two Danes laid the foundation for what would become a wide business platform. Today Unifeeder is a provider of the biggest and best-connected Feeder & Shortsea network in Europe
The Unifeeder Group has been acquired by DP World in 2018. DP World is the leading enabler of global trade and an integrated supplier to numerous supply chains, who operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
Unifeeder has set demanding goals to reach by 2025
Vision for Feeder services
To be preferred partner and largest feeder operator in Europe
Our objectives are to build on our leading market position and expand the market share in our existing territories, enlarge the contents of our products and grow into new geographies.
We will achieve this by focusing on our core competencies of providing our customers with unrivaled service, frequency, reliability, and innovative solutions.
Vision for Shortsea services
To be a leading European intermodal service provider
To grow our door-to-door business through continued land-to-sea conversion of intra-European transportation and extend our service delivery with increased multimodality.
We will achieve this by increasing the market awareness of the competitiveness of an environmentally friendly and safe shortsea transport vis-à-vis road haulage and rail.
Building on a successful past
- First offices established in Aarhus and Copenhagen
- Unifeeder expands with calls at Oslo and other ports in the Oslo Fjord
- Unifeeder establishes a feeder service to and from Finland
- New department for European Shortsea traffic
- Turnover passes the 200,000 TEU mark
- Establishment of Unifeeder Norway AS
- Establishment of Unifeeder Sweden AB
- Establishment of Unifeeder Finland Oy
- Turnover passes the 500,000 TEU mark
- St Petersburg and Tallinn added to the network
- Opening of Unifeeder Germany GmbH
- Turnover passes the 1M TEU mark
- Opening of Unifeeder Sweden AB in Helsingborg
- Montagu Private Equity acquires Unifeeder
- Zeebruge is added to the trade area
- Unifeeder acquires IMCL
- Unifeeder establishes own UK office
- Feeder services in the Mediterranean
- Unifeeder acquires Feederlink
- Nordic Capital acquires Unifeeder
- Unifeeder acquires United Feeder services
- Danica Pension acquires a minority shareholding
- Unifeeder acquires Tschudi Line
- Region Scandinavia is established in CPH
- Region Central Europe established in Hamburg
- Region Eastern Europe established in Gdynia
- DP World acquires Unifeeder
- Unifeeder acquires Feedertech