Welcome aboard Unifeeder
Unifeeder Group, ISC, Singapore.
Unifeeder ISC consists of Feedertech and Perma Shipping Line (with Transworld Feeder and Avana Global & Logistek joining as soon as approved by Indian Competition Authorities), Feeder and NVOCC operators in Asia, the Middle-East, Africa and the Wider Indian Subcontinent. Learn more: www.feedertech.sg.
While reporting directly to our Director of Fleet Management at our head office in Denmark you will be responsible for the day to day chartering throughout the ISC region in close coordination with the ISC COO.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated individual with a love for the shipping industry, and who is ready for the next step in his or her career. Having a background within chartering is highly preferred as is an established network in the industry.
You are an efficient and structured person who takes pride of ownership in your work.
As the maritime industry is often unpredictable, you are flexible and ready to step in when required. You are a team player and enjoy getting the best out of yourself and your colleagues. Sometimes it might get hectic, so you need to be able to keep a cool head and be able to handle having a lot on your plate.
Your tasks as a charterer will consist of:
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and potential clients
- Identifying opportunities
- Negotiating, validating, and executing time and voyage chartering contracts
- Coordinating with network and operations to manage vessel chartering requests
- Work closely together with the operation and network team to drive optimal deployment/efficiency of the group tonnage
- Monitoring market conditions and keeping abreast of relevant day to day information
- Developing an annual strategy together with traders and operators
- Maintaining excellent administration of your work
- Other relevant jobs required as part of fleet management
Unifeeder Group has an energetic working environment and we expect our colleagues to be just as dynamic as we are. We value procedures and structure but as a growing company we are not afraid to update, re-evaluate and change either.
It should need no explanation that the perfect candidate can enjoy the hectic day-to-day business of a feeder company and is motivated to become an important part of this success story.
- 5-10 years’ experience in shipping in both operations and chartering
- Chartering experience in the container industry preferred
- Knowledge about standard charter-party terms
- Excellent negotiation skills
Technical understanding or background is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of container network and its requirements
- Team player and able to listen, learn and share
- International experience is a plus
- Able to understand and co-operate in a diverse cultural organization
- Able to influence decisions outside own authority
- Energetic and to a large extent self-driven
Are you our new colleague?
Please apply for the position by clicking the “apply now” link below no later than March 31st. We will carry out interviews as we receive qualified applications.
The position is a full-time position with a start date soonest possible. As a charterer, you will be part of Unifeeder Group ISC organization in Singapore.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to write to Unifeeder COO Mr. Michael Bonde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovative Logistics Solutions
Unifeeder is a dynamic logistics company with one of the largest and best-connected Feeder and Shortsea networks in Europe, the Mediterranean, North Africa, Asia, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent. With a total group turnover of approximately 7 billion DKK and connectivity to well above 150 ports, Unifeeder simplifies the complex tasks of choosing and managing supply chains by providing efficient and sustainable transport solutions. Unifeeder group headquarter is based in Aarhus, Denmark.